Author Topic: Spider feature removed ?  (Read 792 times)

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
Spider feature removed ?
« on: April 28, 2021, 06:39:04 PM »
The Spider graph is (was?) a supporter feature, but even though I am still a supporter, I don't see it anymore. Is it a bug on my side, or has it been removed ?

Combuijs

• Combuijs 2b
    • View Profile
Re: Spider feature removed ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 07:31:27 PM »
It has been removed, probably too much advantage for supporters...

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 10:14:14 PM »
Yep, we all (or almost all) knew that it was a great advantage for supporters, so yesterday I talked with Oska in order to directly remove it.

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 07:07:08 AM »
Yep, we all (or almost all) knew that it was a great advantage for supporters, so yesterday I talked with Oska in order to directly remove it.
Finally :)
But wouldn't it have been possible to use the rounded numbers in calculations ? The same numbers which are displayed on screen... It was a nice visual addition to the game, one of the very few, to be honest... :(

shalgo

• SentinelChickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 10:04:24 PM »
If it gives supporters an unfair advantage, rather than removing it completely, another option would be to make it available to everyone.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 10:52:09 AM »
Yep, we all (or almost all) knew that it was a great advantage for supporters
I disagree with this because my impression is different.
According to me many people did not even know.
And out of the ones who knew more or less that this was going on ; enough people who never used this advantage (for different reasons).
Including experienced CFF supporters.

If it gives supporters an unfair advantage, rather than removing it completely, another option would be to make it available to everyone.
If you look at this situation with the interest of the game in mind ;
this is not a good option for several obvious reasons.
And even without getting in to this by mentioning the obvious reasons versus the reasons that this option is a "good" idea ;
Let's pretend everyone thinks that this option is a good idea. Then I predict that someone will post this logical option ;
make the talent ratings directly public to everyone, instead of a situation that "everyone could know it" by a software source code.

It was a nice visual addition to the game
Indeed, the spider web was designed with this purpose, and not designed to show the talent ratings.
According to the game, the talent ratings should be "hidden". Also the reason the WC card discover talent is a very rare 4 stars card.
But as I understand it, the "intended normal use" of the spider web can be a mis, especially to the managers with youth teams.
So perhaps we should debate and/or came up with ideas to make this game more interesting now the spider web is gone.
Of course this is an idea ; a return of a new spider web without giving away the talent ratings.
But also ideas that are completely different are maybe good ideas.
For example once per season a youth tour (without form and health) can make CFF more interesting+fun for managers with youth teams.
And for example it can be a good idea if a calculate-icon-evaluator is posted in the FAQ, so training talents can be more fun to some who lke this.
Just to mention 2 examples ; I'm sure everyone else might have better ideas to compensate the intential purpose of the spider web,
and/or some other ideas to make this game even more fun+interesting.  :)

shalgo

• SentinelChickens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
Well, count me among the many people who did not know what the Spider function actually allowed you to do.  Given that it had this additional feature that did provide an unfair advantage, it does seem best to have eliminated it.