Author Topic: Season 13  (Read 4502 times)

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: Season 13
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
Indeed, Kangert did very well and this place is by far his best result in his career.
He even almost won this TdS stage 1 with 3 cyclists finishing on 0:00" Too bad the finishline was not at the end of section 4. :)

Good luck with Loinaz.
I have Ibarrola as GC contender, hopefully he is good enough for a nice GC result.
His just 3 icons disagree with my hopefull thoughts ; bronze on TT, silver on climb and gold on tour.
But he has TC bonus ( in contrast to Loinaz ), and he proved 2 times before that he can ride a good GC ; 2º Romandie (s12) and 5º Vuelta (s11).

Yes, Ibarolla does better than his icons would suggest. A good race this morning.

For me Loinaz did well too. Didnt lose much time on the best cobblehiller GC guys and won time on the others. Still very close so nothing really to say about the chances. Tonight will be a little more clear (and after stage 4 and 5 even more) :P.
So far, so good. Tonight Cook will need to help Loinaz. Its going to be windy.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:28 PM »
A good tour for Loinaz so far. Unfortunately had a breakdown in s5 this morning. That may have cost 18 seconds. Still a good stage and happy with the tactics. Tonight the real mountains will decide the race :D

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2020, 06:07:35 PM »
TdS stage 3 ;
4º  Ibarrola  on 0:00"
7º  Miorlin ( free role )
Excellent results. 8)
To my surprise helpers Basov and Nyheim were not good enough, and Ibarrola had to do it on his own the whole race.
I guess he did not need helpers in this stage, so a good decision that Miorlin could score some points extra in a free role.

TdS stage 4 ;
72º   Ibarrola  on 1:37"
He was not suited for this stage, and his helpers were not good enough to help in s1 ;
still, he did pretty well in this stage without sprint- and hills icon.

At the moment Ibarrola is 8th GC on 1:19" and as teamcaptain he can win time in the final stage. Probably a lot of time.
But the nr6 GC is already on 0:33", and Ibarrola has to overtake at least 5 rivals to get a podiumplace if he can close the big time gap.
A very uncertain situation with too many rivals who are far ahead. Most likely one or a few are good in stage 5 too.

Sometimes a difficult game, because what to do now ? Try to get that podiumplace anyway or go for stage result with one of my climbers.
And it is even difficult who to pick as teamcaptain if I go for a stage result.
None of my climbers are favorites, however, Basov and Nyheim can challenge favorites, and Miorlin can not (as usual ).
But Miorlin his secret weapon is active ( 2 weather icons ), and Nyheim has 1 active weather icon, but extreme low experience.
And Basov is the CFF record holder in this stage ( I remember he achieved that as not-favorite )
Difficult. Or go for a good stage result with Ibarrola to try to get on the podium despite he is far behind in the GC at the moment ?
It can be possible, but a GC result outside the podium is not good enough to me, then I rather have one of my climbers as teamcaptain.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2020, 06:47:03 PM »
I think you just summarized this entire game in one post Vos. Sometimes its impossible to choose what to do. Luckily, for me its clear this time. Loinaz will lead and Logins will try and help him as much as possible. Hopefully we can beat Pandolfi and take the win. If not: well lets hope we can at least keep our position. That will be hard enough.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2020, 07:47:30 PM »
TdS stage 5 ;
4º  Miorlin  on 0:15" ( teamcaptain )
5º  Basov  on 0:15"  ( free role )
18º  Nyheim  on 1:08"  ( helper )
25º  Ibarrola  on 1:15"  ( free role ) --> with mechanical breakdown in the most important s5 final climb.

Well, if Ibarrola was teamcaptain (with masterhelper) ánd he had no bad luck in s5, he probably could have finished 53 (or 45) seconds sooner.
What would not be good enough to get on the podium.
Now in a free role with mechanical breakdown, he remained on the 8th place in the final GC with the same 1:19" as before this stage.
So a good choice to make one of my climbers the teamcaptain in this final mountain stage.

Although it was not a perfect race, and even not a good teamcaptain choice.
First of all ; helper Nyheim was in s3 already behind, and could not return in s4 despite using EP ánd his amazing descentcombo(84t/98dh).
So Miorlin had no helper in s4, what is crucial to compete for victory as not-favorite who even could not challenge favorites.
Second ; in retrospective it would have been even better to chose for Basov as teamcaptain.
As free role cyclist he used one EP more as Miorlin, and he finished just one place behind him in the same time.

Anyway, considering the good competition in Switzerland, I'm satisfied about the results in this little tour.
And a good preparation for the more important Tour de France, because this exact same TdS team rides the TdF as well :
  selection SPORTLIFE

41 Ibarrola ( 31 ), GC Suisse + free role TdF
42 Basov ( 30 ), climb
43 Nyheim ( 24 ), climb
44 Miorlin ( 31 ), climb
45 Kangert ( 29 ), flat TT

Good luck everyone ! :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 07:55:15 PM by Vos »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2020, 07:50:03 PM »

Congrats to the top 3 GC in Switzerland, including Loinaz who even was riding without TC bonus.

1    Massimiliano Pandolfi   31   WinterIsComing   0: 00"   
2    Jørund Nordnes   30   Cabrasverdes   0: 16"   
3    Rafael Carlos Loinaz   31   TeamRHB   0: 20"   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 07:52:55 PM by Vos »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
I'm satisfied about the results in this little tour.
Extra note ; of course I'm not satisfied that Ibarrola had twice (in stages 2 and 5) a mechanical breakdown in the important final section.

cabrasverdes

• 2d division
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2020, 08:31:14 PM »
Thaks Vos, but the win is very to close to be clompletely happy.  I understnad your dilemma. At this right moment I am doubting if I go for GC or I try to win stages.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2020, 09:25:40 PM »
A good result from Loinaz in the final stage. Logins took it easy in on the first mountains and we had Cook with Loinaz. Then in the downhill Logins woke up and rode to Loinaz. He helped him the rest of the stage until he powered away in the final km.

Unfortunately Nordnes got away from Loinaz and we were unable to drop Pandolfi. But 3rd is not bad. Without the mechanical it could have been second. This i can live with. Better than losing the win :P

Now that Logins has warmed up he can go for an easy ride tomorro. 254km without a second flat. I would have organised a strike. These stages should not be allowed anymore :P

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2020, 10:02:07 PM »
It was a very good Tour de Suisse for my team. A few very good stages gave Pandolfi enough space for the last stage, which wasn't really spot on, but still good enough to hold on.

It was about time to win a Tour, after coming second in both the zGiro and Dauphine.

Now, let's go for the Tour de France  :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 08:50:48 AM by WinterIsComing »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2020, 05:53:31 AM »

Basov takes the yellow jersey.

TdF stage 1 ;
1º  Basov   8)
27º  Miorlin ( helper )
28º  Nyheim ( helper )

Amazing victory !
I guess Basov had some help in s4 of his former teammate Morris.  :) ( Morris won 2 mountain stages for SPORTLIFE this season )
Besides the yellow jersey, Basov won also a big sponsordeal of 595k in this stage.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2020, 08:07:29 AM »
After a good end to Suisse we got off to a good start in France. Logins, Nilsson and Moresi all did what we asked of them. A small misunderstanding in s3 caused Nilsson to lose contact. He gathered his strength and rode back to Logins. Unfortunately Basov had started his daring attack. Logins stayed calm and in the wheel of Nilsson until the final climb to Sestriere. Despite setting the best climbing time of the pack he was only able to get to the wheel of Basov as he crossed the line for the win. Still, a good second place. It provides perspective for the 4 other climbing stages :P

Due to his performance Logins will also be able to ride a free role in the non-climbing stages. If he can get 1:22 on many GC favourites every climbing stage he can afford to lose some time in the other 5 stages :P

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2020, 08:42:44 AM »
Nice results, Vos and Sjiz, Rosland completes the podium. I think this might turn out to be an exciting Tour de France.  :)

By the way; did you took notice of the fact that 5 of the top 6 places in 1st division standings are currently occupied by Dutch-speaking managers? :o

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2020, 08:49:21 AM »
Nice results, Vos and Sjiz, Rosland completes the podium. I think this might turn out to be an exciting Tour de France.  :)

By the way; did you took notice of the fact that 5 of the top 6 places in 1st division standings are currently occupied by Dutch-speaking managers? :o

Thanks and the Dutch (including those who feel Australian) have taken over ;)

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2020, 02:39:50 PM »
Indeed, the top 6 looks nice at the moment.  :)
Also nice to see ; the battle between the top 3, they are very close together and for a long period this season.
So far a fierce battle 8), and it would not surprise me when this goes on till the end of this season with those little differences among the top3.

A big gap towards the teams of Sjiz of me, who both are competing in "the middle of nowhere", because there is also a big gap below us.
Well, let's hope one of the excellent top 3 teams gets a very unexpected, extreme downfall in the ranking, so we can battle for a podiumplace.
More a possibility seems that a lower ranked team joins us in the "battle" for the 4th place. For example Foeke is doing very well with his team.

By the way ; a not mentioned Dutch team, Yvo_Meppelink_ProCycling, is the current nr3 in the 1A medal ranking.
Good to mention this too, to make the Dutch "invasion" even more "notorious". ;)
Maybe also good to mention what team is on nr1 in that ranking, but for now I will not mention that. :))