English Cff Forum > General Forum

Farewells To Great Cyclists

(1/4) > >>

Aurora Australis:
Acknowledge your great champion cyclist ending their career with a dedication here.

xabi:
I start this topic with my first cyclist retired with 33yo.

Reinaldo does not have any impressive result, but his regular points for the last 14 seasons helped me promoting to 1st division and maintaining the category since then. He was one of the first young cyclists I promoted the first season:

Reinaldo Clemente   Edad : 33   Sueldo : 7218
Resistencia : 88   Sprint : 69   Montaña : 23
LLano : 85   Pavés : 95   Tecnica : 80
Descenso : 49   Colinas : 89   Agresividad : 50
Crono : 23   TraEqui : 16   Experiencia : 100

Best achievements:
9 times top10 in Strade Bianche, including two silver medals
5 times top10 in E3 Harelbeke
2 times top10 in Omloop Het Nieuwsblad
1 time top10 in Gent-Wevelgem
6 times top10 in GV (Giro-Tour)

Bye bye Reinaldo, have a great retirement!!

xabi:
Today I say goodbye to other 1 Club Cyclist. If I remember well, my first valid young rider, who made me choose cobblestone as first training:

Emanuel Ribeiro   Edad : 33   Sueldo : 6667
Resistencia : 84   Sprint : 77   Montaña : 24
LLano : 91   Pavés : 98   Tecnica : 79
Descenso : 5   Colinas : 3   Agresividad : 31
Crono : 15   TraEqui : 37   Experiencia : 100

No victories in 1st division, but he has other great achievements:

8 times top10 on Paris-Roubaix
30 times top10 in 1st división
Bronze medal in international race

Thanks and happy retirement Emanuel!!

Sjiz:
Arno 'The Barbecue' Verbeek

After being scouted by Pro Team Yvo Meppelink at the age of 19 he quickly received a prof contract from team Claes. However this didnt work out and after only a week he switched to Team RHB. It was quickly apparent that Verbeek would become an absolute superstar. He was dripping of talent. Every pedal stroke looked strong and smooth and he quickly surpassed all other riders in the team.

At 21 years old he got his breakthrough. The won the first stage of the Tour Down Under by beating the best of the best and going on to finish 10th in the GC. After two short periods in the second division with the team we promoted back to the first and the successes never stopped for Verbeek. At 23 years old he got his first podium in a classic by finishing second in Amstel. After returning in season 8 he got his first classics win, also Amstel. From there the rest is history.

He grew up to have some excellent stats. At the age of 30 this was it:
Arno Verbeek      Age :    30   Wage : 852   
Stamina :    90   Sprint :    78   Climbing :    29
Flat :    83   Cobblestone :    8   Technique :    78
Downhill :    91   Hills :    100   Aggressiveness :    82
Time Trial :    20   Teamwork :    49   Experience :    100

As an exceptional rider he was able to compete not only in the hill stages but also in the tougher sprint hills. He finished 6 times in the top 10 in Milano - San Remo and 2 times top 10 in Eschborn. In the smaller tours he also enjoyed some success by finishing 7 times top 10 in the TDU, one top 10 in both Paris - Nice and the Dauphine.

In his prime he was able to pull off some exceptional races. Winning Giro stages as a free role, winning a sprint hill stage against the best sprinters, but, without a doubt, his biggest stunt was winning the world championship without a training camp.

At the age of 32 he retired as one of the 4 world stars in the peloton and 31 wins in 1a and he never finished 9th.

Palmares
1x World Champion
2x Amstel Gold Race (5 podiums in total)
3x Fleche Wallone (6 podiums in total)
4x Liege - Bastogne - Liege (6 podiums in total)
2x National stage winner (4 podiums in total)
2x Silver bike
3x Bronze bike
7x Dutch champion
6x Giro stage win
2x Vuelta stage win
34x top 10 in a classic
13x other stage wins
20x other podiums

At the moment of his retirement he holds the stage record of 10 stages including the Salzburg WC, Lieja and Flecha. He is also the rider with the most wins at each of the hill classics.

Vos:
Hail to / all honor to ; the master of the hills Arno Verbeek
For sure he deserves a spot in this topic with his impressive and legendary palmares.  8)

Even now Verbeek is retired, he is still winning ;
because the book that he and his manager Sjiz wrote about the career of Verbeek, is now on number 1 in the best sellers list. :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version