Author Topic: WCS 2019  (Read 14489 times)

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
Re: WCS 2019
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
I am in! And if we need to open a new League to get rid them, let's do it

I think the same as edu5. Quickest way to solve it is to create a new league, and ignore the bullies. Perhaps you can give moderating rights to more members, to be less vulnerable when someone leaves the game?

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2020, 11:57:53 PM »
Maybe my text shows that I think too complicated about this issue.
Explanation =
# I really dislike it that this cannot be solved in the proper, right way because the contact us feature of WCS does not work.
# Also I really dislike it that WCS allows such bullies to excist.
# I even have a big problem to participate WCS now with such a policy, or more likely, suddenly no policy at all.
But maybe I have to make an exception because we had fun in the CFF League for many years, and we could have again in a new league.
# Creating a new league is of course not righteous, because now we must adapt to mentally disturbed bullies.
But although I really dislike this, I can stand above this fact.
# Final explanation of my text was of course to find another solution as to create a new league.

Anyway, I agree with- and like the reactions in this topic a lot. Thanks.  :)

Probably the best and easiest solution ( it might even be the only solution ) to create a new league.
And I already thought of the very good proposal of WiC about the moderating rights to more members and not just one. To avoid such a situation of happening again. Let's hope it is possible to do that. If not, I probably can think of something else that makes sure this does not happen again.

I assume and hope it is possible to create a new league, because it seems to me there is something wrong with WCS, also in a moral point of view.
I will look into that tomorrow (others can do that too), because it is too late now and I'm too tired. So not now to avoid mistakes, for example I see just now I did not select a teamcaptain for stage 4 TDU, ups^^
Probably I will ask help on this forum with creating the new league, so we all can decide together about some things. Hopefully again such sensible reactions as I read now.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Great job, Kalarratas, thanks !  :)
I will look at WCS later this evening or tomorrow morning, I have not much time now.
Great to read that it is possible that there can be more as 1 administrator.
I did not expect that, and that is the reason why I asked you to create a new league.
Because there can be a reason why I am not the perfect only administrator.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 08:33:54 PM by Vos »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 16, 2020, 01:38:19 PM »
Maybe I should wait till Kalarratas posts something about the new league.
It is up to him to announce his self-invented good name of the new league officially in this topic.

But for those who don't want to wait and already want to register ; the new CFF league is a fact and I already joined.
So you can ask me or Kalarratas by pm the code to join also ( ingame pm and forum pm are both possible ).

And for every CFF participant, keep the code secret and do not mention it on this forum.
It seems to me that everyone is allowed to give the code to a trustworthy CFF manager who wants to join.
But maybe Kalarratas has some information or "rules" about this.
And if something goes wrong, now we have 2 active administrators, so, no problem.

Because Kalarratas appointed me as co-administrator, and that function works because I added the web address of CFF next to the new name of the CFF League. Good advertisement for the normal game. And the old CFF League has the web address too, so if the new CFF League does not have it, it will look if the old one is the official CFF League, but of course, the new one is the official one.

Although I did not sign up for the old CFF League, I'm automatically in the old CFF League as well.
I don't know how to unlist of the old CFF League, to me this seems not possible.
If someone knows how to unlist, let everyone know in this topic.
To me it is not a real problem that everyone is automatically listed in the old CFF league as well.
But maybe other CFF participants have another opinion about this.

I will make a new WCS 2020 topic this evening or tomorrow.
The cycling season 2020 starts in Gabon ( Africa ) :

3 days and 20 hours left to join.

4 days and 13 hours left to join.

Rico

• CaptainOrange (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »
I don't know if I will participate every race, but I would be interested to join now and then.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 16, 2020, 08:03:50 PM »
I don't know if I will participate every race, but I would be interested to join now and then.

I send you the password by ingame pm, Rico. Have fun and good luck !

Maybe good to point out for the forum readers and (future) CFF participants in WCS :
There are many CFF participants who join now and then, and not all the time.
Some when they have the time and are in the mood to try to win a race or tour in WCS, and some join only the important races / tours.

Of course less chance to win a season trophy, but the real challenge in WCS is of course to win a race or tour.
And yes, also in 2020 there will be the CFF season trophies.
A good opportunity for me to post it as example, because never I was so succesful as in 2019 :) :
https://cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php?topic=227.msg15371#msg15371

Kalarratas

• Somewhere between 2nd and 3rd Div
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2020, 06:02:05 PM »
Well at the moment we are 5 of us already joining the league so it isn't that bad for these first races of the years,hopefully some more will join us throughout the season and when great tours loom as usual.

Anyway TDU and La Tropicale already are a hard nut to crack when choosing riders at this point,so fun is guaranteed ;D

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2020, 06:31:18 PM »
I am in!  :) Does anyone know if and how it is possible to unregister the old cff-subleague?

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2020, 07:15:13 PM »
I am in!  :) Does anyone know if and how it is possible to unregister the old cff-subleague?

No, see earlier forum posts. To make it easy, I posted the quotes below this text.
And welcome in the new CFF subleague CYCLING FOR FUN 2.0  8)

Maybe good to keep an eye on the old CFF League if there is a real CFF participant who is listed there but not in the new CFF League.
It could be that such a person did not read this topic or the new topic WCS 2020 that I created minutes ago.
According to me only needed to keep an eye on that in the beginning of this season.
edit ; And maybe also before the start of the first big tour, the Giro. Because one or a very few CFF participants join only the big tours.

Although I did not sign up for the old CFF League, I'm automatically in the old CFF League as well.
I don't know how to unlist of the old CFF League, to me this seems not possible.
If someone knows how to unlist, let everyone know in this topic.

And about unlisting or deleting the previous league seems out of our reach at the moment so It may serve as a remainder for previous seasons records.

Good thinking of Kalarratas.
For example ; now it is still possible to make an all-time ranking of real CFF participants.
Maybe I or someone else will do that at the end of this season. The effort of one time per season filtering out some people is not a problem.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:21:13 PM by Vos »

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2020, 07:23:18 PM »
Okay, thx for clearing it up.  :)

Missed Kalarratas' answer about unregistering, my bad... ;)

Let's have some fun again in WCS CFF 2.0! Gotta love La Tropicale Amissa Bongo!  :-*

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2020, 09:38:49 AM »
FYI: I received a friendly message in my inbox from one of the owners of WCS, referring to our forum problem. He was already trying to get in touch with Vos, but without succes so far.

I forwarded his message to Vos in a PM.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2020, 06:28:10 PM »
FYI: I received a friendly message in my inbox from one of the owners of WCS, referring to our forum problem. He was already trying to get in touch with Vos, but without succes so far.

I forwarded his message to Vos in a PM.

Did anyone hear anything from Vos this weekend? He didn't respond to my forum and ingame messages?

Kalarratas

• Somewhere between 2nd and 3rd Div
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2020, 10:00:03 AM »
I haven't heard from him since too...let's see if he is just way too busy for some days.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 23, 2020, 09:50:53 PM »
Yes, guess so. He is actively playing, so I guess he will show up again sooner or later. Meanwhile, CFF 2.0 is doing its job. Game on.  :)

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 24, 2020, 10:33:14 AM »
The past days I had almost no activity in the game. No worries, it was temporarily.

This afternoon I will make uptdates of WCS and also this afternoon I will read and react to the unread pm's.