Author Topic: Transfer List  (Read 1550 times)

Rico

• CaptainOrange (1a)
    • View Profile
Transfer List
« on: June 11, 2021, 09:37:02 AM »
I have said this before in the previous version of CFF but it seems that this is a good time to bring it up again, because this part of the forum is a bit more alive right now.

The same riders are on the transfer list all season for really high prices so that less experienced managers can make a huge mistake and pay 35 million for a solid but far from special rider. In my opinion it should be made harder to put riders on the TL all season long for huge amounts. A few ideas:
- Set a maximum number of times that a team can put the same rider on the TL, for example 3, the 4th time he can only be listed for 1.
- Increase the fee of putting a rider on the TL to a % of the asking price, for example 0.5%.

Any other ideas?

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer List
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 10:10:22 AM »
In my opinion, reducing the number of riders in the market is negative. Even if they are not sold.

We do not have so much transfers everyday... so reducing the number of riders would be even worse.

And also, sometimes you do not have money to buy a rider... but you would have paid it. So..., maybe you can get money and buy him a few weeks later :)

PS: Do "less experienced managers" have 35M?  :o :o

I mean... it's sad to check the market and see few riders there... I do not want to see even less!!!!  :'( :'(

Rico

• CaptainOrange (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 12:58:56 PM »
Seeing the same overpriced rider in the market all season long does not add anything in my opinion.

It's not that I want riders to disappear from the market, but I think that if you want to list someone 15 times for 35mln, you should pay a bigger price than 15*1000.

And about the 35 mln, new managers have a chance to pull top youth riders as well, so they can make 30+ mln in their first season when they're lucky.   

kirin

• azerite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »
They can bid 35M on a rider thats listed by 1 too

lunatiko

• Administrator
  • AguaVerde - Antiguo Biciclistas - Division 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 01:43:34 PM »
Please, don't spoil the only fun part I find right now on the game  :'(

Jokes apart, my two cents:
  • Market is really, really dead. Almost no riders for sale... not even talking about "special" riders. Those are unicorns
  • Market value is subjective: it depends on training plans, on personal tastes...
  • I like to see riders on the market, even if they are overprized, it helps me figure out what's out there and whether my riders are worth it. Probably some of those riders you are describing on your initial message are mines. Well, I have not seen many better in the transfer list, that's why they are expensive :D
  • I really doubt anyone listing a rider at 35M prize is willing to cheat on a newbie. If I would like to do so I think I would have more luck selling cheaper riders with typical stats that you can translate into real life cyclists like high mountain and time trial or the like... I don't think limitting the possibilities to list riders to the market would help avoiding such kind of transactions to be honest...
  • With the status of the transfer market right now, have you considered that those special riders you are talking about are now worth 70M and not 30M? Because if I would find one of those unicorns in the market, I'd certainly pay that....

Best  :-*

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 02:39:23 PM »
Market is as dead as your ex's heart

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »
Market is as dead as your ex's heart

Lol

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2021, 08:51:40 PM »
In my opinion, the market is dead because there are not enough riders to be transferred.
How can we get more riders ?
Well, either new users, or more youth pulls...
New users - long story, not going to happen
More youth pulls - add days to rider age, so we won't pull 19tos only in the first 1/3 of the season ;)
(I know, I know, I have said that before  :o)
Or increase number of riders per team to 30

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2021, 09:11:32 PM »
Or increase number of riders per team to 30

::) ::)

I love it

Combuijs

• Combuijs 2b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
You pay a 10% transfer fee when your rider is sold now? Why not pay 10% of the asking price when you put a rider on the list and only pay 10% fee on the difference between actual price and asking price when the rider is sold? In this way you keep paying the same transfer fee, but asking unrealistic high prices will have ...eh... a high price.

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 09:58:42 PM »
You pay a 10% transfer fee when your rider is sold now? Why not pay 10% of the asking price when you put a rider on the list and only pay 10% fee on the difference between actual price and asking price when the rider is sold? In this way you keep paying the same transfer fee, but asking unrealistic high prices will have ...eh... a high price.

Less riders in the market...

Aurora Australis

• Australian born, Australian crazed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2021, 11:17:50 PM »
There isn't a shortage of cyclists in CFF, nobody struggles to get enough cyclists for their team.  There's a shortage of cyclists that teams who won't train their own want, that is top cyclists, they want people who spend a year training their own cyclists to give them up, or to hinder those who train their own so their brought cyclists will beat them, there's a difference.

pipinata

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2021, 11:45:18 PM »
I have said this before in the previous version of CFF but it seems that this is a good time to bring it up again, because this part of the forum is a bit more alive right now.

The same riders are on the transfer list all season for really high prices so that less experienced managers can make a huge mistake and pay 35 million for a solid but far from special rider. In my opinion it should be made harder to put riders on the TL all season long for huge amounts. A few ideas:
- Set a maximum number of times that a team can put the same rider on the TL, for example 3, the 4th time he can only be listed for 1.
- Increase the fee of putting a rider on the TL to a % of the asking price, for example 0.5%.

Any other ideas?

What about asking for the 5% of the selling price as tax for puting a cyclist on the market?

kirin

• azerite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2021, 04:17:24 AM »

What about asking for the 5% of the selling price as tax for puting a cyclist on the market?

I don't think this will do any good to the market, instead of overpriced riders u will get none at all

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2021, 09:02:49 AM »
Adding restrictions on the market is not going to do any good in my opinion.
If there is a problem with overpriced, then how about adding a Transfer Comparer ? When clicking on a listed rider, you will see the prices of past transfers of similar riders (similar GV in main categories). That will not add restrictions on the market, but deter the listing of riders for extreme prices