Author Topic: Australia NT Season 10  (Read 4070 times)

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
Re: Australia NT Season 10
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »

Ciscoboss96

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2020, 03:25:37 PM »
After Amazing years Oscar Smith is on sale and already has 1 bid. Amazing rider for you National team, I hope that whoever will buy him, will take care of him.
Good luck with this last race, and for the future NT calendar!

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »
Hmmmm, remarkable, I guess Angus Friend was not motivated or so, the 3 EP start as teamcaptain was not good enough,
and despite his high GV and high flat, he was in s2 already in the 4th group (nrs64 to 99) on 0:44"  ???
To make it even worse, very unexpected he was isolated in s3 and s4.
It was a very surprising bad race of Angus Friend compared to the other Australians.
To me it makes no sense, and I cheked the tactics a few times before the race, no mistakes there, and he was the teamcaptain.

Despite the bad race of the team captain, Australia scored many points ( 280 ) with 3 cyclists in the top20.
Battle ( surprising, successful free role tactic )
11º Friend  :-[
17º Kelly ( Friend should have been in the wheel of best helper Kelly in s4, but Friend was far behind in s4 )

A 9º place is the worst result ever of Australia in a cobble flat race,
but the total amount of 280 points is good, it is even an Australian record in a cobble flat race with 1 flat section.

Unfortunately Belgium did much better in this NT race 7 with 4 cyclists in the top20, and scored 440 points.
So again Belgium is world champion, just like in previous season. And it seems to me it is a well deserved world championship.

Final season 10 ranking / podium ;
1.   2.155
2.   1.835
3.   1.370

Australia scored even 55 more points than what I predicted in my season 10 preview*.
And Australia scored more points this season 10 than the world champion of previous season 9 ( also Belgium with 1.620 points ).
* preview =
https://cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php?topic=632.msg21374#msg21374

And maybe Australia wins the individual world championship ?
Because the 7 NT race winners are on a split number 1 with 300 points, and CFF gives Richard Levin the nr1 position.
But I clicked all 7 cyclists, and nobody has the individual NT championship jersey yet of season 10. Maybe it will show after the update.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:52:13 PM by Vos »

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2020, 08:19:46 AM »
 :( :(

Bad luck this time with Friend...anyway, Belgium did it very well, so congrats to Belgium, and great season VOS, we gain another medal, our 7th...we are historically the best National Team, hehe

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2020, 10:15:43 AM »
Thanks Franky, although this 2nd place is my worst result ( in CFF3 ) as Australian NT manager.  :))  ;)
However, this 2nd season as NT manager finally "my" first NT race victory, of course, thanks to Aurora_Australis because Levin won the TT.
Maybe Levin wins the individual world championship as well, I guess we have to wait till the season update to know that.
( I have seen split first places a few times before in CFF2, the current ranking does not have to mean anything, I know from experience with Mutombo )

And indeed, Australia is doing great in the ( not yet updated ) ranking most medals and most points.  8)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:20:35 AM by Vos »