GENERAL > Bugs

Shady transfers

(1/1)

Vos:

--- Quote from: Vos on March 17, 2022, 07:21:29 AM ---Total firing costs of almost 84 million in the past week.

--- End quote ---

WinterIsComing:
I am not sure why he fired these cyclists. I do know LaGuardia was disappointed I was able to buy a cyclist he really wanted to add to his cobb/hill team though. I do think he really wanted to train a cobb/hill generation and that these transfers were less shady than they might seem. Maybe he fired the cyclists because he was fed up with me taking away Zarubin with a higher bid than his? He offered me a lot of (game) money in a desperate bid to land Zarubin, but the truth is I was looking for such a cyclist for a few seasons as well in an attempt to find back some joy in this game. So I refused his offer.  Sadly though, it might have caused someone else (LaGuardia) to find less enjoyment? I do hope he will choose to continue playing.

On the other hand, shame these good riders were fired. I might have wanted to add one or two to my team  ;)

ophiuko:
If they are 19-year-old I don't see anything shady. Probably he realized they were poor talents and decided to make space for more.
I did this myself 3-4 seasons ago when I started my last semi-generation. As I didn't have many spaces, I had to be firing all the low talents for a final amount of 50.5 million in fired 19yo riders. 10 riders fired out of 19. I wanted just the riders with the best projection, and for that you need to fire at least half of the riders you buy. I had the money for that, so why not?
I was very unlucky after all, not a single talent 5 among the 19 riders.

WinterIsComing:
Yes, that's true as well, Ophiuko. I know that drill too...  ::)

Aurora Australis:
They were all fired rather quickly for the low talent possible explanation (unless he has some secret way of knowing talent), and he only had a few places filled.  However there are a number of explanations, and given that WiC says he did want a few of those cyclists is a little reassuring that they weren't junket cyclists being paid lunatic amounts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version