Author Topic: Questions - Ask Anything  (Read 10323 times)

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
Re: Questions - Ask Anything
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2021, 07:14:04 AM »
Me again: Which cyclists are included in the dream team ? Top 10 of each ? https://www.cyclingforfun.org/cff/dreamteam.php

ophiuko

• OphiukoCT - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2021, 09:38:05 AM »
Yes, the dream team is basically the top10 of each terrain in the hall of fame

paultb

• Ploeg TilburgTerriërs (3g)
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »
I will take a break from Cycling For Fun now my generation is too old to compete. The game goes to fast for me with 2 races per day, but maybe I will come back in the (near) future. How often do I have to login to keep my team? Is this at least once per season or something like that?

Hereby also thanks again for everyone who helped me when I started with this game, especially Vos and Flandria.

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2022, 05:01:50 PM »
I will take a break from Cycling For Fun now my generation is too old to compete. The game goes to fast for me with 2 races per day, but maybe I will come back in the (near) future. How often do I have to login to keep my team? Is this at least once per season or something like that?

Hereby also thanks again for everyone who helped me when I started with this game, especially Vos and Flandria.
If I remember correctly, it is 7 weeks
But you do know that you can sign up for races fo 2 weeks in advance, right ? So you can promote some riders at the beginning of the season and just sign them up and change training every now and then...? Like once per week would be more than enough to grow a team (or just sell them in 6 months from now)

Sad to see people considering leaving... 

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »

Sorry to read that you are taking a break from CFF, Paul.
Of course, all respect to your decision, and hopefully you return in the game, somewhere in the future.
And thanks for playing, it was fun to see how you were getting amazing results with Pascal Cruijff.
If you fire Cruijff, he will be automatically put in the hall of fame of your team. He for sure deserves it. 8)

I think Horace is right about the once per 7 weeks ( = once per season ) logging in to keep your team.
My advice is to logg in once per month, just to be more safe that your team does not dissapear.

If you come back, contact me, I will give you a "masterclass" how to play this game with just logging in 2 or 3 times per week,
and getting the same amazing results as logging in every day. It is possible to play this game with low effort.
For example, you can send cyclists on training camp far more further ahead as most CFF managers think,
by using the "training-camp button" on the right of the race pictures of your "sign-up-for-upcoming-races page".
Only in the first 2 weeks of a new season, it is advisable/smart to log in once every day, due to recruiting and scouting.

And you do not need a "masterclass" about setting up a youth team, because you were really good at that, even very impressive.
Training a youth team is even much less effort as racing ; logging in only once per week, or even just once per 2 weeks is needed.
I hope you come back somewhere in the future, if so ánd if not ; I wish you all the best, Paul. :)

paultb

• Ploeg TilburgTerriërs (3g)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2022, 11:02:06 PM »
I would like to keep my best riders in the hall of fame. What are the conditions for this?

vlominck

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2022, 11:38:24 PM »
Si no me equivoco...haber sido convocado por la selección o haber ganado alguna etapa...da igual primera que segunda que tercera..aunque tampoco lo sé fijo fijo.

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2022, 07:13:35 AM »
I find it strange that scouted riders have their wages either between 500 and 599, or 800+; I haven't pulled anyone with wages between 600 and 799. I pulled climbers, TT, cobbless and hills in my manager career. Just curious why this is happening  ;)

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2022, 12:22:09 PM »
I would like to keep my best riders in the hall of fame. What are the conditions for this?
Si no me equivoco...haber sido convocado por la selección o haber ganado alguna etapa...da igual primera que segunda que tercera..aunque tampoco lo sé fijo fijo.
=
If I'm not mistaken...having been called up by the national team or having won a stage...it doesn't matter first or second or third...although I don't know for sure either
Yes, a cyclist will be in the hall of fame if has at least one NT selection.
If he does not have one NT race ; Vlominck is right about a victory, that is also automatically in the hall of fame.
But I do not know if other excellent results are also good enough as a condition to be in the hall of fame.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 23, 2022, 12:43:03 PM »
I find it strange that scouted riders have their wages either between 500 and 599, or 800+; I haven't pulled anyone with wages between 600 and 799. I pulled climbers, TT, cobbless and hills in my manager career. Just curious why this is happening  ;)
Only cyclists with a 800+ salary are protected by the FBI.
The cyclists with lower salaries have to pay a certain percentage of their salary to the mafia.
This extortion amount has already been deducted from the salary by the CFF software.
This is my theory why salaries between 600 and 799 do not excist. But maybe I'm wrong and there is another reason. ;)  :))

ophiuko

• OphiukoCT - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2022, 12:58:27 PM »
According to my observations, the wages depend on the sum of all the skills (including decimals, if you add the skills is always 3-4 points less than the wage). Maximum is 460. Between 400 and 460, wages are 800-860 (add 400). Between 300 and 400, wages are 500-600 (add 200). Lower than 300, wages are from 400 downwards (add 100).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 01:00:07 PM by ophiuko »

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 05, 2023, 08:22:51 PM »
I just realized I am not 100% sure when was the last training of the previous season, and when was the first one of the new season...? When do these happen ?  :-[

ophiuko

• OphiukoCT - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2023, 08:57:46 AM »
There are 91 races and 91 trainings. Trainings always go before races. The last training of the season was just before the last race (Road WC). The first training of the season was just before TDU Stage 1.