Author Topic: Season 9  (Read 9870 times)

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: Season 9
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 07:10:22 PM »
Verbeek listened well. Tomorrow should suit him better. Its not over yet!Its still a game of seconds.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »
I think Verbeek has a good chance to win the GC, but maybe the wind will decide who wins the TDU, good luck Sjiz !

stage 4 TDU ;
This was a perfect race of my team, but Jannakopulosz was 2nd favourite and finished as 3rd.
My team was riding especially for this stage with 100/100 and excellent race conditions.
Stage winner Bentinck and nr2 Kaarnamets had a better helper (my helper Colaco did also a perfect job), and maybe they both have TC bonus.
Well, whatever caused missing the victory, at least Jannakopulosz beat the 1st favourite and happy with the first podium place of this season.

With this result, SPORTLIFE suddenly on place 5 in 1A. :)
TOP 6 of 1A = 1.NL, 2.NL, 3.POR, 4.POR, 5.AUS, 6.NL --> The Dutch and the Portuguese have a good start of the season.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 08:11:48 AM »
Grats peachy! Good tour. Verbeek came close but lost in the end. Still very happy with the results. 400 points and a victor more than last year. A good start.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 08:47:00 AM »
Too bad Sjiz, it was close, but a a good TDU of Verbeek and congrats with your first podiumplace in a tour.
Peachy ; congrats with the stage victory and the final GC victory of Laksa. 8)

stage 5 TDU ;
A bad end of this, till stage 5, successful tour in Australia.
Not-favourite Jannakopulosz started too slow and finished as 26th, and he is for sure good enough to finish top10.
Best helper Colaco could follow the break away group of 38 led by Yvo_Meppelink_ProCycling.
But due to a flat tyre in the final section, he did not manage to score a few points.

SPORTLIFE now on place 15 in 1A, and in the next 2 point rich cobblehills races my team will drop many places.
Because I have just one silver cobblehills cyclist. Hopefully he can finish top30 once or twice, but that is doubtfull.

EpoGlucK

• Peachy🐹melocotons -3h-
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 09:09:47 AM »
Too bad Sjiz, it was close, but a a good TDU of Verbeek and congrats with your first podiumplace in a tour.

stage 5 TDU ;
Not-favourite Jannakopulosz started too slow and finished as 26th, and he is for sure good enough to finish top10.
Best helper Colaco could follow the break away group of 38 led by Yvo_Meppelink_ProCycling.
But due to a flat tyre in the final section, he did not manage to score a few points.

SPORTLIFE now on place 15 in 1A, and in the next 2 point rich cobblehills races my team will drop many places.
Because I have just one silver cobblehills cyclist. Hopefully he can finish top30 once or twice, but that is doubtfull.

Thx Sjiz and Vos,  It was a  lucky factor what gave Laksa the victory,  Ivo decided to attack in section 1, I new I needed a fast race as Szij did not have good helpers, but I did not have the "tools". Luckily everything went peachey smooth :P as we hoped

Zatarra

• Zatarra - division 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 09:12:14 AM »

stage 5 TDU ;

Thx Sjiz and Vos,  It was a  lucky factor what gave Laksa the victory,  Ivo decided to attack in section 1, I new I needed a fast race as Szij did not have good helpers, but I did not have the "tools". Luckily everything went peachey smooth :P as we hoped

Congratulations! How much did it cost you to make the guys of YvoMeppelink break the pack?  :P

EpoGlucK

• Peachy🐹melocotons -3h-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2020, 09:15:22 AM »

stage 5 TDU ;

Congratulations! How much did it cost you to make the guys of YvoMeppelink break the pack?  :P

Just an Iberian ham, by the way, it is only for Wilfred Bentinc, he and Laksa are friends from sub19 categories

15 592,50 € IVA incluído.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:20:13 AM by EpoGlucK »

Zatarra

• Zatarra - division 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2020, 09:22:35 AM »
Haha, nice! Well done, at least. Laksa of course was the man to beat in such a hill sprint (compared to Verbeek), but he finished it off nicely!

Cheers!

EpoGlucK

• Peachy🐹melocotons -3h-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
Yep, In addition Laksa was the only one with the training camp bonus in the podium, this is such a great advantage

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
With 97 form and no good helper, Takásc did not score points in the Omloop (36°) and Strade Bianche (40°).
Too bad for him, because these bad results (despite good tactics) are reasons not to select him as helper for PN and to ride in form.

After these 2 cobblehills races, my team dropped many places in 1A and almost in the relegation zone on place 26.

selection SPORTLIFE

Again the goal is to score as many points as possible in the seperate stages.
The role of Judd is uncertain, maybe he gets a free role but it is possible that he has to be a helper in a few stages.
Jannakopulosz and Gregersen are the only ones who are in top form, but they both have no good helper, so the expectations are not high.

251 Jannakopulosz (27), hills-sprint --> stage 4
252 Riley (27), climb-sprint --> stage 3
253 Tafi (27), climb-sprint --> stage 3
254 Gregersen (25), hills --> stages 1 and 2
255 Judd (27), climb-hills-sprint --> helper ?

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 12:58:20 PM »
Start of the season was okay, with Timermanis hanging on to finish 6th in the Tour Down Under, while Torrejon finished top 10 in Omloop. Strade Brianche started well, but unfortunately Mazalov lost contact with Torrejon in s4, which spoiled the race, finishing only 21st.

In Paris-Nice, the cycling world will get to see Spanish talent Ramon Antonio Vigo in competition for the first time on the highest level. We focus on 3 stages in this small tour, being the 2 hill-stages (stage 1 and 2) and the hillsprint (stage 4).

271. Francesco Barraco (stage 1)
272. Dagfinn Tufte (stage 2)
272. Agris Timermanis (helper stage 1 and 2)
273. Ramon Antonio Vigo (stage 4)
274. Gentil Bettencourt (helper stage 4)

We ride with high bibs, as we weren't around in the World Tour last season. Good luck everyone.

Zatarra

• Zatarra - division 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2020, 01:38:41 PM »
The smell of disappointment can be noted at the Zatarra's tour bus. Jackson finished 8th two times in the first cobblehill classic but after named one of the favourites twice, the 8th place wasn't really what we had hoped for, especially not knowing that with Haringa, Arvesen and Stamer the team was named one of the strongest.

It made us think about the tactics and other circumstances that need to be taken into account and we hope to improve ourselves in the 3 remaning cobblehill classics that won't end in a sprint.

Rico

• CaptainOrange (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2020, 02:28:56 PM »
The smell of disappointment can be noted at the Zatarra's tour bus. Jackson finished 8th two times in the first cobblehill classic but after named one of the favourites twice, the 8th place wasn't really what we had hoped for, especially not knowing that with Haringa, Arvesen and Stamer the team was named one of the strongest.

It made us think about the tactics and other circumstances that need to be taken into account and we hope to improve ourselves in the 3 remaning cobblehill classics that won't end in a sprint.

I heard a rumour that every time you send a message to another manager where you inquire about the talent rating of a 19-year old, your older riders get demotivated and perform a bit less.

Don't know if you have sent any such messages of course, but maybe worth looking into?

Zatarra

• Zatarra - division 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2020, 02:30:45 PM »
For Paris-Nice the following riders will give act de presence.

61. Joselu Romera (stage 1)
62. Ignacio Borras (stage 2)
63. Dimitro Isupov (stage 4)
64. Jort Slippens (helper stage 4)
65. Nick Haringa (helper)

Rumour has it that due to some managerial failure health of the Spanish is not optimal for tonight race, which is a bummer, since points are to be picked up.

Zatarra

• Zatarra - division 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2020, 02:31:50 PM »

I heard a rumour that every time you send a message to another manager where you inquire about the talent rating of a 19-year old, your older riders get demotivated and perform a bit less.

Don't know if you have sent any such messages of course, but maybe worth looking into?

It once again proves that rumours always twist the truth. Never we would inquire about talent ratings, only about training schedules.