English Cff Forum > Off-Topic

Tour de France 2020

(1/3) > >>

paultb:
It looks like the Tour de France will go through at the end of the month. In this topic we can discuss everything related to the Tour de France.

If have already seen big names that will participate: Dumoulin, Roglic, Bernal, Kruijswijk, Froome, Thomas, Quintana, Miguel Ángel López, Pinot, Pogacar, Alaphilippe, A. Yates, Landa, Sagan, Ewan, Viviani and Barguil.

Based on this list it looks like the Tour GC will become a big battle between Jumbo-Visma and Ineos. I hope the Tour will become just as exiting as last year. But does anyone know when the teams have to submit their final selection for the Tour de France?

Vos:
There is already a topic where everyone can talk about everything in real cycling ; the WCS 2020 topic.
Also very welcome there are CFF managers who for some reason* don't want to participate in the CFF League of WCS.
The more people who post something about real cycling, the more fun that topic will be. :)

*= it is very easy to participate, it is free, it is fun, and it costs almost no time. How to participate ? :
https://cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php?topic=591.msg17932#msg17932

The CFF League of the Tour de France is already open to join for a week or so. 20 days and 11 hours left to participate.
There you see also the names who will participate, including the many mutations.
For sure there will be last minute mutations, always the case, and in this special 2020 calendar even more the case, I assume.
Of course it is not sure yet if the Tour de France will go on, it depends on the Corona situation,
but for now it looks good and probably a good chance it will start in 3 weeks.

--- Quote from: paultb on August 08, 2020, 04:11:45 PM ---it looks like the Tour GC will become a big battle between Jumbo-Visma and Ineos.

--- End quote ---
Both teams are already battling eachother right now in the Tour de l'Ain :
https://cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php?topic=591.msg22834#msg22834

And tomorrow it will be very interesting in final stage 3, because that stage is almost the same as a decisive Tour de France stage.
At the moment it is clear who is the best of both teams, although Bernal is doing very well already.
But this battle does not have to mean much,
also not in the next little tour, the Dauphiné ( starts in 3½ days, CFF League is open to join ),
because after the Dauphiné, Ineos and Jumbo-Visma will go on altitude training camp as preparation for the Tour de France.

--- Quote from: paultb on August 08, 2020, 04:11:45 PM ---But does anyone know when the teams have to submit their final selection for the Tour de France?

--- End quote ---
This information must be somewhere on the internet.
I have a vague memory it is 24 hours before the cyclists officially have to register in the team presentation.
And that team presentation is the evening before stage 1.
So the answer to your question can be something between 36 or 48 hours before stage 1.
But I can remember this wrong, for sure a possibillity.
A long time ago I read that this time limit has exceptions, for example if a Aso-doctor officially confirms a last minute injury of a cyclist.
And maybe the time limit is shorter now because of the special circumstances in this 2020 cycling calendar.

paultb:
I hadn't read that topic, but it looks really active with prediction of even small Tours like Sibiu in Romania. Maybe I will join for the Tour de France (a few days too late for MSR 8).

Maybe we can keep this topic open to talk about the Tour de France? And keep your topic for the WCS game?

Vos:
It would be great if you join the cycling for fun league in WCS, Paul. :)

I like it when there are many posts (also about the TdF) in the WCS topic, sometimes that topic even looks like a monologue or so. :(
And it was my intention when we started that topic years ago, that it would be a very active topic with all kinds of real cycling posts.

But it is fine by me if this topic is to talk about the Tour de France too.
I like real cycling, and especially I like to talk about TdF, it does not matter much to me in what topic that is, I will find it. :)
Just this note ; we had topics about the TdF and the Vuelta before, and not much participation/activity. Maybe because of the summer time.
Only a few times (years ago) that Thorin organized a TdF (and Vuelta) prediction game, there was an active topic,
but just once it was active for the whole TdF.
Besides summertime and holidays, also a reason could be that people have other sources to talk about the TdF ( for example chat ).

Don't get me wrong, I like your initiative a lot 8), Paul, and hopefully it will be an active TdF topic.
Enough to preview and to talk about ; most likely it will be a very interesting and exciting Tour de France between the 2 richest teams.
And as in every Tour de France, many other exciting, unexpected and amazing things will happen.
( if Corona does not mess things up and the TdF 2020 will go ahead within 3 weeks )

Vos:

Join the cycling for fun league in WCS, and win the Tour de France! 8)
It is free and costs almost no time. Select 15 cyclists and predict the winners of each ranking.
How to join ?
https://cyclingforfun.org/smf/index.php?topic=591.msg17932#msg17932

Good luck !  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version