Author Topic: BETA goals  (Read 16505 times)

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
BETA goals
« on: November 04, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
-Check actual pages and possible bugs OK
-Race engine OK
-Post race ( points, money , classement ) OK
-Night events ( training, market, scout, stars...) OK
-Achievements OK
-Post Tours OK in small tours and Big Tours OK
-Generate new calendar OK ( post stage 50-51)
-Elections ( candidates and votes) OK
-End of 1st season process OK
-End of season process 2nd,3rd,4th seasson...OK ,in 1st season it is different that other seasons because no 1st and 2nd division ,too many changes,
-NT calendar OK
-Absolute NT races and select cyclist process OK
-Cff Cup calendar and race engine OK ( check until end of Cff Cup NOT)
-Check game economy NOT
-Check cyclists progress at 24 years and 24-31 years competitivity NOT
-Stop old game NOT
-Change cyclingforfun.org to redirect to managercycling.com NOT
-Time to promotion new game and contact old users ( around 15-20 days) NOT
-New game start NOT

Maybe I forgot some processes, it is a post to put my goals in beta and game calendar.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 10:07:19 AM by oscacom »

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
Re: BETA goals
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:38:50 AM »
Is it an idea to test the 'free cyclist' market as well? I reckon there are already a few teams (didn't check it though) who started a team in beta, but are inactive for over a month.

Or don't you want to imply free cyclists for new teams in the new game?

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
I think I have read somewhere that the free cyclists will remain, like in the old game.
So, in my opinion indeed a good idea of ValarMorghulis to test that as well, also because it is very important in playing this game.

My suggestion is to add a few things in the text about the free cyclists, because in the old game I saw that new managers often already had 2 free cyclists before they were on the forum or before they had a mentor.
And in almost every case, they had very bad and too old free cyclists.
And that could even be a reason for beginners to stop after a few weeks or a few months, when they know this game a little bit better and they realize that their free cyclists are bad and very important.

One of the most things I heard beginners complain about in the past few years, because they were dissapointed in themselves that they made the wrong choices in the very important free cyclists.
Avoid dissapointment of starting managers should be very important. Many times I have said to beginners ; don't worry, almost every starting manager makes the same mistakes in picking the wrong (bad and old) free cyclists.

So, in the new game the text about the free cyclists could be better, and my suggestion is to add this in the text :

# emphasize importance of the free cyclists.
# indicate that unexperienced starting managers are smart if they accept the free cyclists in consultation with an experienced manager.
# indicate that it is smart to wait a long time before accepting the free cyclists, better choices if they are experienced/know this game better.

My suggestion is also to extend the period that a starting manager can accept the 2 free cyclists.
Now it is after 2 or 3 weeks when someone starts, if I remember correctly ( I'm not sure ).
Way better that this period is 2 months or so.

Advantages/benefits of the 2 months period =
# the starting manager has something to look forward to for a longer time. So less chance he will stop after a short while and a bigger chance he will play this game "forever" (so, also more chance he will be supporter).
# and even more important, avoid disappointment of bad chosen free cyclists. Which can lead to stopping this game.
( # in my opinion there are no disadvantages in extending the period after which a starting manager can accept the 2 free cyclists. )

Sorry, a bit of a long text about this subject, but in my opinion worth it, because I think this is one of the major "problems" of the old game.

Another subject :
The second most frequently heard complaint from beginners was that access to the forum did not work.
Also important that this will be better, because starting a game and to feel excluded is not fun, and it could be a reason to stop prematurely before knowing that this game is awesome and a lot of fun. And even besides that the forum makes this game even more fun, it is also better to learn this game faster for a starting manager when he has access to the forum. Also for the experienced managers more fun when there are more people/beginners on the forum, so the forum will be more active and therefore more fun.
But I read somewhere about why there are some forum access difficulties for beginners, and I understand that a good screening is essential to avoid software problems. If there is a possibility for beginners to access the forum more fast, it would be nice. If not, communicate with the beginner why it takes a while so he will not stop the game for the reason of feeling excluded. This communication could also be a standard text when the beginner starts the game.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:49:04 PM by Vos »

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »
About free cyclists I think maybe we have to put more time as you said and more information.
I put 7 days because for some managers if they wait too many time they can go out before get free cyclists. If they get good free cyclists they can compete well in a short time.

About forum I can't do anything. I put free access in this beta and everyday although this page is new we have a lot of spammers.
I had to quit this access and check before accept new account ( as old game).

I put high security in captcha and bots pass the control, it is impossible if I don't put manual access.

bemiluba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:22 PM »
Perhaps it should be a good idea to create a Facebook Group, so that new players can easily talk and ask their doubts. Moreover, it is an additional way of advert the game as, it will be present in a socialnet where people can share things related to the game in a visual and funny way. As a marketing strategy it is important to be present as many sites as posible.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:16:26 PM by bemiluba »

Thorin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 11:05:18 PM »
Perhaps it should be a good idea to create a Facebook Group, so that new players can easily talk and ask their doubts. Moreover, it is an additional way of advert the game as, it will be present in a socialnet where people can share things related to the game in a visual and funny way. As a marketing strategy it is important to be present as many sites as posible.  ;)

Only if you can manage an active presence, if not, it can have a negative effect.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 07:47:08 AM »

Only if you can manage an active presence, if not, it can have a negative effect.

Sure, I can't , if anyone can do it for new game, contact me.

At moment beta is going well, only a few things to check.
Soon I will need all your support .

edu5

• CC Porco Jones
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 11:41:25 AM »
Sorry if this is not the right topic for this question, but is there any schedule for the World Challenge testing?

The question is just to be aware when it will be tested and help on the testing.
Apart of the cyclists progress, that I feel is the most difficult testing point because it probably means to run several seasons in some days to simulate the scenario, seems the most important point of the pure "game" to be tested. 

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 07:13:20 PM »
I tested a new WC system but I find a lot of problems. The first is that in 1st round you have to fight against 3rd division team tactics in past year ( and only a few teams are in 3rd division past season) and only you fight against a low number of teams, for this I can't test well and I haven't team to pass more than 1 round
Our calendar variable is a problem too, and others.

For this the game will start without WC. If I get a stable version when we have 3-4 or more seasons it will be added.

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »
Does this mean the current season will be the last season of CFF2 ?

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
Surely, only a few internal changes to made before fix a date to the end. After I need your help to promote, change domain cyclingforfun to the new server and try to comunicate with old users before start the new game.
Maybe end of march.

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »
And when I have a finish day of Cff2, I will have to make a lot of stages and trainings every day to test how cyclists are with more age .

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »
How many more seasons will there be for the Beta ?

oscacom

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »
Until end of the week.

horace_vr

• Global Moderator
  • TeaMetal
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 04:00:01 PM »