Author Topic: Australian National Team. S8  (Read 2293 times)

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
Australian National Team. S8
« on: February 28, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »

Australian National Team Season 8
The current Team and Individual World Champions!

I'm not the manager that you deserve, but I'm the one that you got! After the great great last season, is going to be very hard to repeat that. Our goal should be realistic and we should try to achieve the 3er-4th position, and that should be a great achievement, at the end, we are the 13th nation in number of cyclists and the 14th in number of teams, but we are very committed with our country!

And now, the rankings!

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 11:06:26 AM by Franky »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
Re: Australian National Team. S8
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 01:19:36 PM »
Thanks for the lists, Franky, great job !  8)

Just one remark about the Hills Climb Cob category ;
Cliff Fagan ( SPORTLIFE ) has the CFF record of the upcoming stage 8 Vuelta, C(h)MDMC(h) 280km.
He is not in that list, but for example Trautemberg (also in my team) is 6th in that list and for sure Fagan is much better in hills-climb-cob.
Just an unimportant detail and there is not such a NT race this season, so no problem at all, but maybe good for you to know.

About the NT calendar of this season ; the 2 mountain NT races are not favorable at all for Australia.
But in the other 5 NT races Australia can score enough points. Especially in the very point rich flat TT race 4 but also in flat cobble race 7.
Your season goal of 3rd or 4th seems to me realistic, so I assume it will be a battle for a podiumplace this season.
Also looking at the great historic results of Australia this should be possible.
Always nice to compete for a podiumplace (despite the 2 mountain races), that makes the NT job even more fun. :)
But in advance for sure a possibility that 3 other countries could be better in this NT calendar.
At least there is one very positive aspect of this NT calendar = again Australia has a great NT manager !  8)

Good luck and have fun this NT season, Franky !
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 01:24:47 PM by Vos »

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »
RACE 1. FLECHE WALLONNE

I had 11 guys in the first list, with a mix of 2 % that I was mixing, but at the end, I decided to not call Allan and Isaac for this race.

LEADER
Tyler Walker     NervionBike

Austin Burton     TeamRHB
Royce Henderson     Albero
Steve Owens         Oska
Vinnie Coleman     los_leones_del_sur
Cameron Jones     Vital
Denis Curry         Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
Stu Beal         $Tourmalet
John Jones         Oska

OUT:
Allan Winger     Speedbird
Isaac Montgomery  vercors

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the lists, Franky, great job !  8)

Just one remark about the Hills Climb Cob category ;
Cliff Fagan ( SPORTLIFE ) has the CFF record of the upcoming stage 8 Vuelta, C(h)MDMC(h) 280km.
He is not in that list, but for example Trautemberg (also in my team) is 6th in that list and for sure Fagan is much better in hills-climb-cob.
Just an unimportant detail and there is not such a NT race this season, so no problem at all, but maybe good for you to know.

About the NT calendar of this season ; the 2 mountain NT races are not favorable at all for Australia.
But in the other 5 NT races Australia can score enough points. Especially in the very point rich flat TT race 4 but also in flat cobble race 7.
Your season goal of 3rd or 4th seems to me realistic, so I assume it will be a battle for a podiumplace this season.
Also looking at the great historic results of Australia this should be possible.
Always nice to compete for a podiumplace (despite the 2 mountain races), that makes the NT job even more fun. :)
But in advance for sure a possibility that 3 other countries could be better in this NT calendar.
At least there is one very positive aspect of this NT calendar ; again Australia has a great NT manager8)

Good luck and have fun this NT season, Franky !

haha, honestly that ranking was made long time ago, and I never checked if its working fine, and I never changed the %...probably it can be updated and reviewed, but is the less important one.

About the great manager...I'm not really sure...I'm still in 2nd division and I haven't been able to  promote to 1st  ;D

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 02:09:40 PM »
Well, my opinion is that you are a great NT manager. Maybe others (and you) have a different opinion.
If you have little doubts about tactics, you can always pm me.
Most likely often I will have the same little doubts, but two know more than one, and good to get tactical feed back.
Whatever you do, do not finish as 7th this NT season, it seems  that is your speciality in the 2nd division.  :))  :P  ;)

kirin

• azerite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 05:18:32 PM »
I am a bit sceptic about that flat mountain rating, since my Ross Shields is higher in the gold ranking than all of your riders, who are there for mountain-hills. I'm absolutely sure he has to be ranked higher, since he could challenge favourites in 1st div in most flat mountain stages.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 05:44:34 PM »
I don't know the percentages used in these lists that Franky posted.
But in the Australian evaluator that I use, the flat mountain percentages are completely different than what CFF uses for the flat climb icon.
The reason is that flat mountain in my Australian evaluator is calculated/estimated as a FFMDM, or FFFMM race, both with downhill in it.
Or also a good example, this NT race 6 MMFFM, also downhill in it.
In the flatmountain GV of CFF there is no downhill in it, that is a pure flat-mountain race FFFFM without downhill.

I assume the percentages in these posted lists look more like the flat mountain percentages I use in my different Australian evaluator.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 05:50:38 PM »
The Volta Catalunya of this season might be a good example to show the GV difference :
stage 2 = CFF percentages for flatmountain.
stage 4 = Australian percentages for flatmountain.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
I don't know the percentages used in these lists that Franky posted.
But in the Australian evaluator that I use, the flat mountain percentages are completely different than what CFF uses for the flat climb icon.
The reason is that flat mountain in my Australian evaluator is calculated/estimated as a FFMDM, or FFFMM race, both with downhill in it.
Or also a good example, this NT race 6 MMFFM, also downhill in it.
In the flatmountain GV of CFF there is no downhill in it, that is a pure flat-mountain race FFFFM without downhill.

I assume the percentages in these posted lists look more like the flat mountain percentages I use in my different Australian evaluator.

Exactly, I dont use the % that CFF uses for the badges, I use ones like flat flat mountain down mountain... I know Ross perfectly, he has being on my radar for long time, but his downhill always was bad.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 07:03:47 PM »
Well, my opinion is that you are a great NT manager. Maybe others (and you) have a different opinion.
If you have little doubts about tactics, you can always pm me.
Most likely often I will have the same little doubts, but two know more than one, and good to get tactical feed back.
Whatever you do, do not finish as 7th this NT season, it seems  that is your speciality in the 2nd division.  :))  :P  ;)

If I finish 7th also here...I quit from CFF xD

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
RACE 1. FLECHE WALLONNE

I had 11 guys in the first list, with a mix of 2 % that I was mixing, but at the end, I decided to not call Allan and Isaac for this race.

LEADER
Tyler Walker     NervionBike

Austin Burton     TeamRHB
Royce Henderson     Albero
Steve Owens         Oska
Vinnie Coleman     los_leones_del_sur
Cameron Jones     Vital
Denis Curry         Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
Stu Beal         $Tourmalet
John Jones         Oska

OUT:
Allan Winger     Speedbird
Isaac Montgomery  vercors

Bad results...The leader and free roles were loosing time in S2, and I was even a bit aggressive at the beginning! only a few helpers were in the first positions at S4, so..

19    Steve Owens      26   0: 34"   20      Oska
20    Denis Curry      26   0: 34"   10      Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
24    Vinnie Coleman      25   0: 34"   0      los_leones_del_sur

Only 30 points, a bit worst than last season.

The next race seems that is going to be a chaos... Wind and cold!

Aurora Australis

• Australian born, Australian crazed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 09:42:30 AM »
Given that there was four 24 year olds ahead, it's about expectations.  We'd been picking up more points than we should have in these races, but with each season bringing in additional more perfect opponents, it's only going to get harder to do so.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »
Given that there was four 24 year olds ahead, it's about expectations.  We'd been picking up more points than we should have in these races, but with each season bringing in additional more perfect opponents, it's only going to get harder to do so.

Yep, maybe is that

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »
RACE 2. GSTAAD - LEUKERBAD

Seems that is going to be a funny race...wind and cold  :o

The Selected 9

Anthony Garza   SaulSalinasTeam   

Kent Carey   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Scott Springsteen   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Jasper Ablett   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Trevor Winger   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Nate Henderson   TeamSerfin   
Daniel Lucas   Albero   
Walt Logsdon   RajenKujen   
Dan Gilbee   skies

Y decided to select Dan Gilbee as a U24 because the difference between the leader and the latest selected guys is quite big, so they wont help a lot.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 09:09:25 AM »
RACE 2. GSTAAD - LEUKERBAD

Seems that is going to be a funny race...wind and cold  :o

The Selected 9

Anthony Garza   SaulSalinasTeam   

Kent Carey   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Scott Springsteen   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Jasper Ablett   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Trevor Winger   Manicomicos_Cycling_Team   
Nate Henderson   TeamSerfin   
Daniel Lucas   Albero   
Walt Logsdon   RajenKujen   
Dan Gilbee   skies

Y decided to select Dan Gilbee as a U24 because the difference between the leader and the latest selected guys is quite big, so they wont help a lot.

100 points from Garza, something more or less expected, but I didnt like the race at all...Garza was very far away from the head