Author Topic: All div: Grand Tours  (Read 6162 times)

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
Re: All div: Grand Tours
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2020, 09:42:31 AM »
stage 7 TdF :
A leading group of just 5 cyclists were descending to the finishline in Albertville, including two SPORTLIFE climbers.
Outstanding results : stage victory for Basov ( teamcaptain ), and Miorlin ( free role ) finished as 2nd8) 8)

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2020, 07:34:43 PM »
Luckily the Tour is over. Moresi finished with a nice 8th place in the stage. This just wasnt the race for me. The battle for the Dutch championship got intense again. Only 40 points between Ricardo and myself.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2020, 07:56:39 PM »
First of all, congratulations to Rico (CaptainOrange) ; Overmars wins the final stage and Hilton wins the Tour de France  8)

stage 10 TdF :
53. Basov on 2:01" and 170. Miorlin on 3:32"
This was good enough to score some unexpected GC points ; 15th GC Basov and 13rd GC Miorlin:)

Very satisfied about this Tour de France ; 2 stage victories, 2x 2nd, 1x 3rd and a total of 1.614 points.
Especially stage 7 to Albertville was a highlight ; 1st Basov and 2nd Miorlin. 8)

Rico

• CaptainOrange (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2020, 10:32:57 AM »
Sorry, a bit late, but thx!

Hilton was able to use his advantage on the cobbles, when a tired Palmer (after running out of training camp high altitude effects) had to let go. I don't know if he would have managed a win otherwise, but there will probably be a rematch in future seasons  ;D

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2020, 09:22:54 AM »
    SPORTLIFE

A team of adventurers who barely scored points this season.
Only Judd ( 20th EF ) and Takács ( 6th stage 3 BBT ) scored each 75 points. Hopefully Takács can score a few GC points in BBT also.
The Vuelta objective of this team is to score as many points as possible in seperate stages.

61 Tafi ( climbsprinter ), stages 2 and 5
62 Fagan ( cobblehillsclimber ), stage 8
63 Finals ( hillsclimber ), stage 1
64 Takács ( cobblehills ), stages 9 and 10
65 Judd ( hillsclimbsprinter ), helper

Good luck everyone ! :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:34:17 AM by Vos »

Aurora Australis

• Australian born, Australian crazed
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2020, 09:34:13 PM »
Great result in the tour Vos, hoping to see your team to do more of the same in the Vuelta (& for Tourmalet to get 1k+ points as well).

Anyway, my team

301 Kirk Workman   20 (fifth wheel)
302 Nail Tinaev   26 (cobble dom)
303 Sergei Wild   26 (sprint leader)
304 Pavel Lezhnev   26 (cobble leader)
305 Daniel Cerdan   26 (sprint dom)

Seeking top 5-10 in stages 7 & 3, points in stage 6, hope for points in stage 5.  Cheering for any team around the red zone bubble without decent flat TTers.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2020, 12:49:09 AM »
Thanks AA  :)
The Tour-selection (5x gold) was much stronger than this Vuelta-selection (1x gold, 4x silver), so I expect much less points now.
Good luck with your team in the Vuelta, AA.

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2020, 10:03:28 AM »
Almost done with this painful Vuelta. Hopefully i can surprise myself in teh last stages and take the lead back in the Dutch championship but with Hilton racing for the win i am not counting on it anymore.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2020, 02:21:41 PM »

stage 1 =
In a tactical good race, Finals scored points with a 14th place.

stage 2 =
A good stage for not-favourite Tafi, he finished as 5th. His helper Judd finished as 24th.

stage 3 =
No riders for this stage. Fagan was the teamcaptain, with some phantasy and 3 excellent final stages he might score a few GC points.
But probably this was whisfull thinking. ( after 7 stages Fagan is 54th on 10:30" )

stage 4 =
Great race of Fagan with an excellent result ; 7th. His best result ever in a pure mountain stage.

stage 5 =
Tafi was 5th favorite, and in hinside I was not satisfied about his tactics, that could have been better.
And not satisfied at all that helper Judd was not good enough to be in s4 with Tafi. Anyway, the result is not good, but also not bad ; 4th.

stage 6 =
Very surprising to me that Tafi could score points in this hill-sprint stage, he finished as 21st. in a free role.

stage 7 =
Well, if Tafi can score points in stage 6, he might do it also in a flat sprint stage because his hills skills are low.
This time as teamcaptain, but due to the hard storm and the lack of good helpers it resulted in a place outside the points.
No problem, almost never he scored points in another sprint stage than a mountain-sprint stage, his speciality.

So far it is going fine in the Vuelta ( a bit as expected ) ; after 7 stages a total of 491 points.
But stage 5 was dissapointing, and before the Vuelta stage 5 and stage 8 were the only chances of a real top stage result or victory.

Fagan has the CFF record for the upcoming stage 8, but that was in season 1 and now he is not even one of the favourites.
But he can challenge 2 favourites, so he has a chance to get an excellent result.

Tafi is the current nr 9 GC, but his cobbleskill is 9 and he has low dh-and hill-skills, so he will drop many places and for sure no GC points.
But the GC was not a goal. For stage 8 it will be Fagan, and for stages 9 and 10 it will be Takács.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:27:04 PM by Vos »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2020, 07:37:27 PM »
stage 8 Vuelta ;
Perfect race of not-favourite Fagan, who got twice a fresher-than-symbol in the first 2 sections.
In s3 he was in a leading group of just 6 isolated teamcaptains, and in s4 a fierce attack and only VanAmerongen (Atlantico) could follow.
In the final s5 it was a sprint-á-deux between these 2 cyclists, and too bad favourite VanAmerongen won.
But this 2nd* place is an excellent result. 8)
The total Vuelta points of my team is now 491 + 200* = 691

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 14, 2020, 10:59:16 AM »
Exciting finish in 1st division, with Leipheimer and Hilton within 7 seconds, and perhaps VanAmerongen will try and attack to close the gap of 48 seconds behind them.

In 2nd division b, things are going well for my team, with Michel Hvid and Sebastien Bolshenkov trying to go for a 1-2 in the general classification of the Vuelta. A few more stages, and my team will join 1st division again. Hopefully to stay there this time, as my team has grown better since last time I was at the highest stage. 

michinoo

• Atlantico (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 14, 2020, 04:22:48 PM »
Exciting finish in 1st division, with Leipheimer and Hilton within 7 seconds, and perhaps VanAmerongen will try and attack to close the gap of 48 seconds behind them.
For sure Winter! He'll try it to the end!

By the way... 8)

Bram VanAmerongen   Edad : 26   Sueldo : 2499
Resistencia : 79   Sprint : 65   Montaña : 94
LLano : 53   Pavés : 82   Tecnica : 63
Descenso : 84   Colinas : 83   Agresividad : 63
Crono : 10   TraEqui : 40   Experiencia : 65
Precio : 14 900 000 Dias Quedan : 1

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2020, 08:53:56 PM »
An extreme close final GC ranking in this Vuelta  :o ;

1    Ryan Leipheimer   26   Wiggo_pupils   0: 00"   
2    Anthony Hilton   26   CaptainOrange   0: 07"   
3    Bram VanAmerongen   26   Atlantico   0: 10"   

That was a really fierce battle and because of that, in my opinion all these 3 managers deserve a congratulations.  8) 8) 8)

Vuelta stages 9 and 10 ;
Silver cobblehills rider Takásc did great in the final 2 stages ; 9th and 6th.
The total Vuelta points of SPORTLIFE = 894 points.

My team dropped 2 places in 1A, but still 9th, so top10 in the final 1A ranking should be doable.