Author Topic: Season 10  (Read 6875 times)

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 08:25:06 AM »
Well, I would not like to ride Milano - San Remo this season. It feels like the real world version of a few years back where they skipped 90km of the route. We have a strong wind, rain and cold temperaturen. As a true Dutchman Verbeek is looking forward to it.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 10:29:47 AM »
   selection SPORTLIFE

A new season starts !  8)

Jannakopulosz will be the teamcaptain in the sprint stages.
And I bought 2 cheap cyclists who can try to ride a GC in a free role, although there is a very big chance they are not good enough.
But it is fun to try, and I had 2 places left in this TDU.

Last minute change ; the best sprint-helper Colaco is replaced by Takásc.
Now Bogarde will be the helper in stage 1. After that, I will see how it goes, this TDU is not important for my out-of-form team.

31 Jannakopulosz ( 28 ), sprint
32 Kangert ( 26 ), TT
33 Pineda ( 28 ), "allround"
34 Bogarde ( 28 ), "allround"
35 Takásc ( 27 ), cobblehills

Everyone good luck in season 10  !  :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:05:00 PM by Vos »

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 10:51:24 AM »

New Season, new chances...

At WinterIsComing, we tried to learn from last season and come back better prepared. Let's see how things work out for us.
The start of the season is in Australia, home of the 2 World Champion teams, AA and Sportlife. In CFF2, we also were riding under the Australian flag, and we have good memories. Hopefully, the people down under still remember and cheer for us as well.

We feel we bring some good level cyclists to Australia, and hope to rack up the first points in our campaign.

51. Ramon Antonio Vigo (Only 24 years old, but with some serious ambitions to let himself see at the highest podium)
52. Agris Timmermanis (He was 6th last season in GC, but this season's profile is very different. Free role or helper)
53. Gentil Bettencourt (Hillsprinter, helper)
54. Rienk Runhaar (Hills, helper)
55. Tamas Oszlanczi (Sprinter, helper)

Oszlanczi is on the transfer list though, and we already received 2 bids for him. We might bring in a replacement cyclist for him.

Good luck everyone in the next season. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 10:53:01 AM by WinterIsComing »

Fontainbleau

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »
Antequera will be hoping to start the season well by getting some good points in stages of the Tour Down Under. The selected riders are:

Ruben De Keyser (26) Sprinter
Freddy Butcher (28) Time Trial
Marcelo Guimaraes (28) Hillsprinter
Ivar Overas (28) Hills
Ain Kirsipuu (28) Sprinter

Good luck everyone

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 01:37:03 PM »
So far only two riders signed up for the TDU: Luchtenveld and Woods. Luchtenveld will be leader in the flat sprint and Woods in the hillsprint. The objective is to scrape some points.

Flandria23

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2020, 03:00:00 PM »
Good luck guys, for our team TDU it's not a main target of the season but for sure it will be a valid testing ground for grading Alan Rask options on the hilly sprint terrains.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 06:14:40 PM »
Last minute change ; the best sprint-helper Colaco is replaced by Takásc.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2020, 08:56:12 AM »
stage 1 TDU ;
10º Jannakopulosz
A decent good start of this season.
In retrospect maybe the start was too careful, but before the race maybe logical because my team is not yet in form.

Bogarde did a very good helper's job and finished on 0:00", so his optimistic GC ambition is still possible.
The other cheap purchase especially for this TDU, Pineda, had the same ambition. But that is over after this stage 1.
He could not follow the pace in s2 and even one more group further behind due to a mechanical breakdown in s3.
In the end Pineda finished in the 4th group on 1:49" and that is way too much time loss.

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2020, 08:21:13 PM »
stage 2 TDU ;
13º Kangert

Bogarde did great and finished 52º on 2:42", now in the GC 12º on 1:27"
But stage 5 will be difficult for him, and probably he has to do the helper's role again for sprint teamcaptain Jannakopulosz.
Pineda did great too and finished 0:01" behind Bogarde, but after stage 1 Pineda is too far behind and he is now 92º in the GC.

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2020, 08:43:53 PM »
After the Time Trial, it has become clear that Marcal Jaen (Peachy) is the man to beat Down Under. Ramon Antonio Vigo did okay in Stage 2, but is already trailing by 32 seconds. That margin will be hard to close down, but we will certainly fight for it.  :)

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 07:40:17 AM »
stage 3 TDU ;
Thanks to Jean's teammate Pelle, suddenly in section 2 there was a break away group of just 23.
His GC rivals Vigo and Lénárd saw the danger and they could follow.
GC leader Jaen ( Peachy ) and nr2 GC Vigo ( WiC ) sprinted for stage victory ; Vigo won.

For my team section 2 was a battlefield and nobody in the break away group. After that it was riding a losing race.
My teamcaptain finished as 4th of the 2nd group. Well, at least some points, and it could have been much worse after dropping already in s2.
18º Jannakopulosz

Again Bogarde had a helper's role, and unexpectedly he dropped one group further behind in the final section.
He finished in the 3rd group on 0:48" what is not good for his optimistic GC ambition.
Apparently some others also had a bad stage, because to my surprise Bogarde is 12º in the GC, 36 seconds ahead of the nr20.
After twice being the helper, now Bogarde deserves a free role in stage 4 to give him a fighting chance for a few GC points.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 07:44:57 AM by Vos »

WinterIsComing

• WinterIsComing (1a)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 08:15:15 AM »
First stage victory for Vigo, sweet.  :)
Credits to Bettencourt, who helped him very well and was able to finish 9th himself.

Flandria23

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 12:23:10 PM »
First stage victory for Vigo, sweet.  :)
Credits to Bettencourt, who helped him very well and was able to finish 9th himself.

Congrats:)

Bettencourt played a big role great domestique.

Fontainbleau

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 02:53:22 PM »
These sprint races are a lot more nuts than I remember them :(

Sjiz

• TeamRHB - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »
Well done WIC. Great victor, Jaen is looking excellent for the GC victor. It will be hard to beat him.