Author Topic: Australia NT Season 16  (Read 2778 times)

ophiuko

• OphiukoCT - 1a
    • View Profile
Re: Australia NT Season 16
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2021, 10:16:23 AM »
Stage 7 - Siena-Siena (Strade Bianche)

It didn't go well in the previous race either. Team leader Rooney went too slow at section 2 and lost contact with the front group. Hopefully the last race will go better, Rooney has weather bonus.

In other matters, any candidates for next year? My job was only for one transition season with no pressure  ;D, next year AA's TTs will be at full force again so I guess there will be options for the championship, depending on the calendar.

Australian NT selection:

Sam Rooney, 26, Lemarche 83.24
Marc Huling, 23, Turrones 82.87
Alex Byers, 33, FREERIDER 80.47
Kirk Trump, 34, $Tourmalet 79.94
Nate Filsbourne, 23, PucelaBike 79.21
Markus Moore, 29, Xegalaki_Pro 77.76
Marc Ashley, 23, TeaMetal 79.13
Natham Miller, 29, SaulSalinasTeam 79.00
Markus Moore, 29, Xegalaki_Pro 78.75
Nick Thompson, 22, TeaMetal 77.11

Aurora Australis

• Australian born, Australian crazed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2021, 03:52:21 AM »
5th's a nice result from the final race, we didn't tend to handle the combination of hills with cobbles well in the NTs.

Btw: My entire team will be Aussie TT next season, so I'll have plenty of vacant positions to fill with 19-year-old TTers, and also have plenty of money to get rid of (for anybody not training 19-year-olds of their own next season).

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2021, 11:02:48 AM »
A very good 5ยบ place in the final NT race to Siena. Well done, ophiuko.  8)
So, a good finish of this "in-between-season", with even a not suited calendar.

About next season ; so far still 0 candidates.
No problem to me if I will be (automatically) the NT manager of next season.
So, if there are still no candidates on the last day of this season, I will be a candidate and I will try to win the elections. :))

But next season can be a great opportunity, and it is almost 100% sure Australia has a much better prospect than this season.
Of course, also a bit depending on the s17 NT calendar.
So my advice to every Australian manager = think about it / consider to be a candidate.
And for sure including ophiuko, because despite this was (as expected) not a great NT season to Australia,
I'm impressed by the amazing job ophiuko did as Australian NT manager, including lists and previews.
My vote goes to you if you want to do the job again, ophiuko, and next season will be better = more fun. :)

But no pressure at all on anyone ; if you are not in the mood, or you don't have the time, or any other reason why not ; no problem,
also next season Australia will have a good NT manager, just like in all previous NT seasons.
And we even have some very good managers Down Under who never were the NT manager. Season 17 will be perfect for a debut. ;)

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2021, 11:27:20 AM »
Come on, I will be in 1st division again next season, I think I can handle both things (and fail in both things  ;D ;D ;D )

ophiuko

• OphiukoCT - 1a
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2021, 12:47:10 PM »
And for sure including ophiuko, because despite this was (as expected) not a great NT season to Australia,
I'm impressed by the amazing job ophiuko did as Australian NT manager, including lists and previews.
My vote goes to you if you want to do the job again, ophiuko, and next season will be better = more fun. :)

Thanks Vos. I think it wasn't a good season but not a disastrous season either. I think we had real chances of making good points in stages 3 and 6 and we missed them. The 2 of them were races with a lot of flat and I took risks (one attacking, one saving too much). The rest were just as expected, maybe a bit better than expected in the first 2 stages. If we hadn't failed in stages 3 and 6 then I would call it a good season. And still considering that we had made 200 points in each stages 3 and 6, we would have gained just 1 position on the teams ranking. So definitely it was the perfect season to fail and take risks in some stages  ;D. and of course giving experience to young talents, which I think I did as you can see in my selections.

With respect to the NT manager, next season I will be taking care of planification and tactics of a 1st div team, whose manager doesn't have time (with permission of Oska). Adding that to the management of the prediction game, means that I won't have any time to spend for NT team. But I'll consider in future seasons.

Come on, I will be in 1st division again next season, I think I can handle both things (and fail in both things  ;D ;D ;D )

Great, I've already voted for you  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 12:48:46 PM by ophiuko »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2021, 08:02:06 PM »
Great decision, Franky  :)

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2021, 08:21:22 AM »
well... 2 TT... 2 races less to fuck it up  ;D ;D ;D

PS: Aurora!!  ;) ;)

Rob Mitchell   Age : 19   Wage : 858
Stamina : 21   Sprint : 5   Climbing : 10
Flat : 63   Cobblestone : 8   Technique : 30
Downhill : 69   Hills : 67   Aggressiveness : 62
Time Trial : 69   Teamwork : 48   Experience : 0
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:23:26 AM by Franky »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2021, 11:01:38 AM »
Very good season 17 schedule, Franky !  :)
Much better compared to previous season ; 2 cobblehills races are replaced by an extra TT + a flat-cobble race, both are much in favor of Australia.

About fucking it up  ;), also possible in NT race 6, the semi-hills time trial.
Because I assume you have many choices, so it can be tricky to make a proper selection, especially with a not entirely correct estimated GV.
But no worries ; Down Under we have a lot of TT expertise, so we can have a better estimated GV than the rival countries.

Good luck and have fun, Franky !  8)