Author Topic: Australia NT Season 5  (Read 2976 times)

Aurora Australis

• Australian born, Australian crazed
    • View Profile
Re: Australia NT Season 5
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 02:17:49 PM »
Great result Aurora! 260 good points, even with that is going to be hard to fight for the medals...but we know where we are with the number of teams and cyclist that we have.

Good job.
P.S: BTW, are you going to still being our NT for the next season?
I'm surprised we got so many points last race, I have to assume other NT managers selected the wrong leaders or something; perhaps it was a threat of making them exercise in the smog from our fires that got the result.

On the NT position, I can do it, or if somebody else who's active here wants to do it, that's good too.  Either way, I'll be interested to see if Levin, who's now officially ranked top flat TTer in Cff, can win, and whether Pinkney & Clickett can make their NT debuts by helping the Aussie team to over 1k points in a single race.

Franky

• Global Moderator
  • Manicomicos_Cycling_Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 03:52:17 PM »
right now I'm not interested, I always say that in the future, probably, but not now...

Aurora Australis

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 01:03:10 PM »
Race 7  

Selections :
Dylan Gilliam   Antequera   23 (alt leader or free)
Eric Kelly   Antequera   23 (maybe alt leader or free)
Henry Foster   Antequera   23
John Battle   Antequera   23
Kent McClure   CobbleCrushers   23 (leader or free)
Angus Friend   Marineros   22  (maybe alt leader or free)

My own Jonny Glass is 99.9% likely to be the 7th selected, leaving two more.  Jake Hamilton (Marineros), Denis Mitchum (M.C.T), & Rod Dardar (Antequera) are mathetical level pegging front runners, however another 5 cyclists have a possibility of being selected, and it's likely to be determined by domestique value rather than maths.

Edit: strikeouts not selected.  Gary Dowden of Marineros selected instead.  Angus Friend unlucky not to be leader (possibly should be), have chosen Eric Kelly as leader instead.
One race left, one goal, to finish the season above the Brits.  Strong depth, but there's no outstanding choice for leader, with a 22 year old leader a possibility, making for a few nerves on this stated goal.

Predictions: Points, but outside of the top 10.

Results:
4th Eric Kelly 200 points Antequera
17th Ron Dardar 40 points Antequera
Wow, didn't expect 4th.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 09:49:14 PM by Aurora Australis »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
I'm not a candidate for next season.
The reason ; I'm considering to stop with this game, because of the Dutch forum and due to ;
The hate against my person, the many big lies about my person and the extreme negativity against my person.
Well, beter said against a person they make up in their own minds with lies about me, and they decide for me what I think and trying to convince/manipulate others to think extreme negative about me too. And the hate grows because they are very frustrated that I play this game with fun, very frustrated that I help beginners and very frustrated that there are a lot of CFF managers who are kind to me.
They convince eachother that this game can only be fun when they succeed in banning me and my team.

And to be very clear about this ;
the paragraph above are facts (even the hate part), and not just my opinion / point of view, or even false delusions of me.
Because it is very predictable how they react on the paragraph above ; they react always with false personal accusations and in this case it is perfect for their evil goals to make everyone think that I have false delusions. And I even think that they are really convinced that they are good persons and I'm the very bad and negative person and that everyone has to think about me in the same extreme negative way as they think about me.

Too me it is forum abuse to express this on the Dutch forum everytime.
And really frustrated that they try to manipulate everyone to think extreme negative about me.
Also I have to point to be entirely honest, that the forum troubles this time was more or less was caused be me, in contrast to all other and many, many same forum troubles in the past. I never ever started those, and it is really frustrated that everytime someone of those Vos haters try to manipulate the Dutch forum that everytime I was the one who started it. Not true. And yes, true, that I was always involved because I'm the target of the hate campaigns they started everytime. But because I'm involved everytime, to them that is proof that I always started every forumtrouble of the past many years. I guess it is really important to them that they want everyone to believe that, every time they bring it up, and it would perfect to them if I get the blame of something that they caused everytime.

And it was quiet for a few years, not such forumtroubles anymore, because Oska intervened a few years ago and made it very clear that he does not tolerate such childish schoolyard-bully-behaviour on the Dutch forum.
But it is obvious that the frustration about the person they made of me did not go away. I even think it is worse now, because they could not express themselves with their bully-behaviour on the Dutch forum after the intervation of Oska. And I was (and I am) very thankfull to Oska that he did this. But there are some persons who were really frustrated about this action of Oska, so more frustration and more hate towards me, and the Dutch anti-Vos app group reinforces that and a perfect place to convince eachother what an extreme negative person I am that they created themselves in their own minds. I am nothing like the person they blame me everytime that I am according to them.
Everyone on all other forums in other games can confirm it is ridicoulous and extreme negative how they think about me, and I think there a lot of CFF managers too who don't agree with that I am a very bad, mean and negative person. Also in reallife nobody experiences me as the very bad, mean and negative person they made up I am. In fact, it is the opposite in reallife.

Also I have to point out that this time it started with a very positive forumpost of me with good intentions. But somehowe it went out of control, and this is the only time I blame my self for that (for a part, not entirely). I'm not perfect and I guess I'm still a bit frustrated  about the previous forum troubles (end of May). Reason enough for me to seriously consider to stop with this game. At the moment it is almost sure I will stop, it is just a matter of when. But I don't want to make the decision in emotion right now, not a wise thing to do because this is an awesome game with many very kind people and I have a lot of good contacts with other people in this game.
But that group of always the same Dutch people spoils the fun I have in this game, and I play this game for fun.

The Australian NT topic is not the right place to express the text above, I agree with that, and a possible sorry to the people who take offense that I use this topic to speak out of this subject.
Anyway, it is the reason that I will not be NT candidate next season and the reason I seriously consider to stop with this game.
Thanks to the many persons who convinced me to keep on playing this game after the extreme forumtroubles end of May.
But already the 2nd time this year that I am considering to stop with this game, that is too much, so no influences of others this time with my decision. Keep in mind that my goal in an online game is to have fun, and I'm 100% sure that in every other game I will not experience this hate, big lies and extreme negativity. In fact the opposite ; everywhere else people really like me and everyone thinks I'm a very positive asset to a forum. Huge disadvantage is of course that other games are not so great and awesome as CFF, butit might be better for me if I play a less great game then continue with CFF. But I did not decide that yet. The decission not be a NT candidate is 100% sure in this circumstance that I really seriously consider to stop with this game. Enough is enough, I guess I have a limit to bear/endure such hate against my person, hate based on big lies and extreme negativity against my person.

For people who want to contact me about other subjects, use ingame pm, it can take a while before I read a forum-pm.
And please not about this subject, because it does not matter if I stop with this game.

Let's finish with a more delightfull text :) :

Very well done in NT race 6, AA !  8)

Now 5th in the ranking by countries.
Spain and Italy seems to me the numbers 2 and 1 ( or 1 and 2 ) in the final season ranking.
And the current nr2 Latvia has already 230 points more as Australia.
So a 3rd place seems to me not possible with just an Australian nr19 in the golden flat cobble list.
Perhaps there is an outsider-rival such as Denmark, just 9th with 695 points, but the nrs 2, 4, 6, 14 and 15 in the golden flat cobble list.
If Australia can hold on to the 5th place, it will be an excellent result.

Good luck in the final stage !

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2019, 02:09:09 PM »
Race 4  

Selections :
Dylan Gilliam   Antequera   23 (alt leader or free)
Eric Kelly   Antequera   23 (maybe alt leader or free)
Henry Foster   Antequera   23
John Battle   Antequera   23
Kent McClure   CobbleCrushers   23 (leader or free)
Angus Friend   Marineros   22  (maybe alt leader or free)

My own Jonny Glass is 99.9% likely to be the 7th selected, leaving two more.  Jake Hamilton (Marineros), Denis Mitchum (M.C.T), & Rod Dardar (Antequera) are mathetical level pegging front runners, however another 5 cyclists have a possibility of being selected, and it's likely to be determined by domestique value rather than maths.
One race left, one goal, to finish the season above the Brits.  Strong depth, but there's no outstanding choice for leader, with a 22 year old leader a possibility, making for a few nerves on this stated goal.

Predictions: Points, but outside of the top 10.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2019, 03:32:58 PM »
VOS, and you are not thinking in just play the game, and come here to see NT things? dont go to Dutch forum, and all problems will finish

Rekutxu

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 06:30:15 PM »
 Animo Vos! No dejes el juego, seria una pena. Simplemente no hagas caso al foro holandes y solo juega. Es un juego demasiado bueno para que lo abandones. En el foro español tambien hay algun problema, pero con no hacer caso, todo solucionado.  ;)

aurelio_uccheddu

• Global Moderator
  • Marcatone_Due - ribosoma78
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2019, 07:13:11 PM »
You can't leave, you know!
The rest of Europe wants you here!
Do as I do, use the Spanish forum, English is understandable otherwise we learn :-)

Aurora Australis

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2019, 08:46:10 AM »
I won't say "don't leave" Vos, as I understand, however just say you're welcome here (and apparently in the Spanish forum group as well.

Anyway, finalised selections for the final NT race of the season.  Have chosen Eric Kelly as leader, Angus Friend (aged 22) is probably unlucky not to be leader, but is one of 3 free role cyclists.  Can't see us getting a top 10, but should get points.  Here's to (hopefully) finishing the season above the British for the 4th season in a row.

Franky

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2019, 08:40:56 AM »
Well, great last race and at the end, great season for us...the 4th place is a very good result again. Is true that we depend a lot of the TT races, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTW, surprised to not see Denis Mitchum in the selected 9 for the race... I suppose that training at 70% affects a lot...

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »
I had a break so today I read the kind reactions here for the first time. Thanks.
Also thanks for the good suggestions / también gracias por las buenas sugerencias.
Probably the best in this situation if I decide to continue with this game. And if I do, I have to point out that I will not be bullied away and if I want I will post something on the Dutch forum. Because there are also very nice Dutch managers who can think for themselves and don't go along with the many lies such as that I'm a negative and evil person. And I think those very nice Dutch managers will appreciate it when for example I congratulate them with a special result. My activity there will be rare if I decide to continue with this game, because my main motivition in this game is to have fun.
I had the plan to decide this weekend but it could also be that I will play next season with low activity in this game and after that I decide.
For now no decision because there are a lot of very nice managers in this game and I still think this game is amazing, and in my opinion CFF3 is even much more fun as CFF2, that I played for 25 seasons or more.

About Australia ;
Really well done, AA, 4th in ranking by countries is good because that means you defeated 15 other countries. 8)
Hopefully next season a more suited calendar.
You have my vote, and I assume you will do this honorable and fun job again, so already good luck next season !

Aurora Australis

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2019, 01:17:49 PM »
Season 5 Results
Australia - 1325 Points
Position 4th

TT 815 points : Hills 260 points : Paves 240 points : Climbs 10 points
Most Points : Race 4 TT - 815 points

Cyclists
250 points   Isaac Trump  23   Aurora_Australis 1*2nd
225 points   Richard Levin  23   Aurora_Australis 1*3rd
200 points   Cameron Jones  23   IntellinetCyclingFF
200 points   Eric Kelly   23   Antequera
180 points   Ben Mitchum   23   Aurora_Australis
160 points   Owen Acree   23   Aurora_Australis
60 points  Steve Owens   23   Oska
40 points   Ron Dardar   23   Antequera
10 points   Kent Carey   23  Manicomicos_Cycling_Team

The good news is that non-TTers scored more points than they did last season (510 vs 380), although that was with one more non-TT race.  The TTers scored an Aussie (& probably CFF) record of 815 points in a single race.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:35:43 PM by Aurora Australis »

Vos

• SPORTLIFE ( 1A )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2019, 01:32:42 PM »
Perhaps next season for the first time a mountain TT NT race.
That will mean a SPORTLIFE cyclist (Benett) will appear on your list of scoring cyclists.
Also the case (Fagan) when there will be the ChMDMCh 280km race.
No NT races like these but 2 flat TT NT races is of course also good, so Australia can compete for the world championship.
And possible again, like this season, Aurora_Australis on number 1 in the ranking of teams with most scored NT points.

miguel11gh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
Vos.
No deberías ni siquiera plantearte dejar el juego solo por lo que digan otras personas.
Lo único que tienes que hacer es ignorar a todas esas personas y seguir con el juego y con el grupo de personas normales que jugamos a esto.
Hay muy buen ambiente en el discord español, donde se te tratará perfectamente.
Y por supuesto necesitamos que sigas por aquí, con Australia.
Yo no he entrado mucho al foro, pero lo que yo he visto es que siempre has apoyado a los que estamos aquí.
Por lo tanto la decisión es fácil, si el juego te gusta para pasarlo bien, no hay nada que pensar, pasalo bien y deja de lado a los que critican.
Hay un refrán español que dice:
No hay mejor desprecio que no hacer aprecio. No se si el traductor lo traducirá bien.

FlyEaglesFly

• Antiguo equipo Cylon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2019, 08:27:25 PM »
Vos.
Yo también te responderé en español porque mi inglés para entenderlo si, pero para escribirlo no.
Apenas hemos cruzado palabras, pero de los últimos tiempos eres de los mejores jugadores y más activos, así que espero que ignores a esa gente y juegues como sabes!!